- Users are encouraged to share links to favourite content.
- Users are encouraged to comment on records by sharing their own personal stories and expertise, with the understanding that this information may be published for all NovaMuse visitors to see. Comments will only be published after they have been moderated by the associated contributing institution.
- Users are free to use the content for educational and personal purposes, provided that the contributing institution is credited. Commercial use of content must be negotiated with the contributing institution.
- Users must direct any claims of intellectual rights violations to the contributing institution.
Privacy & Disclaimer
- It is the responsibility of contributing institutions to ensure that every item included in NovaMuse is part of the contributor’s permanent collection. NovaMuse will not display items that are on loan or have been deaccessioned.
- Contributing institutions retain all intellectual and property rights to collections information shared on NovaMuse.
- Contributors are responsible for clearing any associated intellectual property rights, and must resolve any claims of violations. Disputed records must be removed from NovaMuse until the issue is resolved.
- Contributors must monitor, moderate, and respond to comments left on collection records, and ensure that no inappropriate comments are published.
- Contributors are encouraged to link their website to their NovaMuse profile.
The Association of Nova Scotia Museums protects the privacy of users in accordance with the Privacy Act. Registered NovaMuse users can be confident that ANSM will not sell or share their information, and will only review it for statistical purposes related to website use. The information will be used to improve website functionality and offerings.
Questions or comments about NovaMuse can be sent to email@example.com, or directed to:
Association of Nova Scotia Museums
1113 Marginal Road
Halifax, Nova Scotia